Ramerica was founded in 1984 as a result of Koç Holding’s 1980 decision of expanding their activities in the abroad.
In 1985, the company defined its fields of activities as:
- Marketing and selling Turkish textile and ready-made clothing products in the American market
- Exporting raw materials from the USA to Turkey
- Trading between the USA and Europe
- Sales support for other Turkish products in the USA
- Slowing down import depending on the economic recession in the USA
Because of Turkey losing its relative competitive power, Ramerica retracted from ready-made clothing area at the beginning of 1992 and continued its commercial activities in new business branches.
Ramerica became the representative for almost 30 organizations in machinery, equipment, construction, and food sectors and carried out comprehensive marketing activities in Turkey.
As a part of the restructuring of Foreign Trade Group, Ramerica has been commencing its activities as Koç Group’s USA liaison office since 1999.
Koç Bilgi ve Savunma Teknolojileri A.Ş.
Providing technology-focused services and solutions for our national defense, Koç Bilgi ve Savunma Teknolojileri A.Ş. was founded in 2007 in an effort to provide a structure that can easily and quickly adapt to rapidly changing software/hardware technologies and that can answer the needs of defense industry based on Koç Information Group’s abilities.